Here goes my first foray into the blog world...
I will attempt in this space to share some of my thoughts on life in the real world. As a pastor, it's my job to communicate the truth of God in a way that helps people come to know him better. I confess that I am not always sure how to do that. I can promise I will always be honest and share my heart in a way that is as transparant as I know how to be. I will genuinely value your feedback. If something resonates with you, please let me know. If you disagree with something I say, I want to know that as well. If you have questions about anything, I will do my best to answer them- and if I don't know the answer, I will say that.
I am aware that life can be complicated, and that sometimes we as Christians- and especially Christian leaders, can be a bit simplistic in our approach to things. I think we too often look for the easy answers, and too often resort to Christianese- repeating phrases and buzz words we have heard; sometimes not even knowing what we're saying. We also can be a bit insensitive to the needs of those around us whose lives and perspective vary greatly from ours.
In short, we need to listen more. I know I do.
More to come...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment